Photoelectric Smoke Detector
Model No.: LE-SOC-24V
- Computer-designed non-directional smoke chamber
- 360° view of detector status LED
- Low profile, 1.8″ high (with base)
- 2 or 4 wire base compatibility, relay bases available
- Highly stable operation, RF/Transient protection
- Low standby current, 59μA at 24VDC
- Two built-in power/sensitivity supervision/alarm LEDs
- Automatic Sensitivity window verification function meets outlined requirements in NFPA 72, Chapter 2 & 7, Inspection, Testing and Maintenance.
The LE-SOC-24V photoelectric smoke detector utilizes two bicolored LEDs for indication of status. In a normal standby condition the LEDs flash Green every 3 seconds. When the detector senses that its sensitivity has drifted outside the UL listed sensitivity window the LEDs will flash Red every 3 seconds. When the detector senses smoke and goes into alarm the status LEDs will latch on Red. The detector utilizes an infrared LED light source and silicon photo diode receiving element in the smoke chamber. In a normal standby condition, the receiving element receives no light from the pulsing LED light source. In the event of a fire, smoke enters the detector smoke chamber and light is reflected from the smoke particles to the receiving element.